Chocolate Buttermilk Pudding
This is one of those recipes that is so easy, yet so memorable for those who you share it with. It's also definitely a comfort food for me! Don't be put off by the "chilling" or the "cool whip" ingredients in the recipe as the chilling isn't absolutely necessary and the cool whip can easily be substituted with Spiff-E-Whip.
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
2 C of cold buttermilk (If you don’t have refrigeration, this will still taste just fine.)
- Whisk together until well blended.
- Fold in 1 16 oz tub of Cool Whip. (You can make whipped topping from powdered milk as well, of course.)
- Fold in 2 small drained cans of mandarin oranges. (I like to cut the oranges in half to create more “perfect bites.”)
- Then fold in the entire package of Keebler Fudge Striped cookies, crushed. (I just got a bunch of them for only 50 cents each and then sealed them in a large Mason jar for maximum shelf life.)
- Chill for about 30 minutes or more. (Again, refrigeration isn’t necessary to serve this dish–only if you’re going to store it. I like to fold in the cookies just before serving, but this is a still yummy even a couple of days out!)
For any questions or comments on this article, please leave a comment on the blog site so that everyone can benefit!
Copyright Protected 2010, Preparedness Pro and Kellene. All Rights Reserved. No portion of any content on this site may be duplicated, transferred, copied, or published without written permission from the author. However, you are welcome to provide a link to the content on your site or in your written works.
© 2019 Of COURSE this post is Copyright Protected by Preparedness Pro. All Rights Reserved. NO portion of this article may be reposted, printed, copied, disbursed, etc. without first receiving written permission by the author. This content may be printed for personal use only. (Then again, laws are only as good as the people who keep them.) Preparedness Pro will pursue all violations of these rights just as vigorously as she does any of her other freedoms, liberties, and protections.