Share your thoughts on the matter

Yahoo!!! There is someone else that doesn't want to be a Pharmaceutical Junkie. I just had an experience of being overdosed with an Antidepresent. I,too, am a clinical depressive. I have taken St. John's Wort for years with good results and NO side effects. St. John's Wort works for me, but it doesn't work for everyone. My ex-Doctor prescribed another Antidepresent so I could get good sleep(I have fibromyalgia.). I had a brain crash for about 3 and half days. No fun! The kicker is my ex-Doctor and I had an argument about me taking this Antidepressent about 2 months ago and I told him what would happen (which it did) and I wouldn't take it. His reply " how can I help you get better if you won't take the meds I want to prescribe". My answer "how can I feel better if the meds you give me make me sick with their side effects". To make a long story Longer, I get to the pharmacy (they sent the script to the wrong pharmacy) I ask the pharmacist what the meds are, she tells me it is an antidepresent. I am very surprised. I tell her I am on St John's Wort. She ask if the Dr. knows I am taking it. Yes is my reply. The pharmist looks up the chemical compounds and they are the same as St. John's Wort so there shouldn't be any counter reaction. After I got my head working again. I looked up the prescription name in the Pill Book. It was the generic name for the Antidepressant the Dr was pushing 2 months before, that is the reason I didn't recognize the name or I wouldn't have taken it. So grasshoppers, listen. If you don't know what it is look it up. I am talking about pharmacitals, but also your herbs, minerals, vitamins and other supplements. The herbs, minerals, and vitamins were the original medicines of our world.